Notice of Claimed Infringement
If You believe that a copyright of your work is being infringed on or through the Service, You may send a notification of claimed infringement (often referred to as a “takedown notice”) to the designated agent for service of copyright listed below. Please note that this procedure is only for reporting or responding to alleged copyright infringement and is not appropriate for other purposes. Please submit all other inquiries using the Inquiry Form at https://ijma-on-slavery.org/inquire/
Designated agent for service of copyright notices:
ijma-on-slavery.org, Inc. (ijma-on-slavery.org) c/o Abed Awad, Esq.
777 Terrace Avenue, Suite 303
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Phone: (201) 462-9500
So that we can process your claim, your notice must include all of the following:
- Your complete contact information (full name, email address, mailing address and phone number)*
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- A description of the content on our site that you claim infringes your copyright
- Information sufficient to permit us to locate the material on our site, such as a web addresses (URLs) leading to the allegedly infringing content.
- A declaration that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted content described above, in the manner you have complained of, is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- The information in your notice is accurate.
- Under penalty of perjury, you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Your electronic signature or physical signature.
A sample notice is located here: https://www.copyright.gov/512/sample-notice.pdf
If you believe that your content was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material, your may submit a counter-notice requesting the reinstatement of the material to the designated agent for service of copyright listed above.
The counter-notice must include all of the following:
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of infringement, or an agent of such person; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
A sample counter-notice is located here: https://www.copyright.gov/512/sample-counter-notice.pdf
*Please note that we may provide a copy of your notice or counter-notice to the opposing party.
For more information, please see https://www.copyright.gov/dmca/